I already have a supplier registration from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission. Do I have to apply for this licence too?

You will be able to continue to do business as long as your registration is in good standing. Under The Liquor and Gaming Control Act, supplier registrations will now be called gaming supplier licences. This is a name change only. Your existing registration will be considered a gaming supplier licence and will remain in effect until its expiry date. When it comes time to renew your registration, the LGA will issue a gaming supplier licence in place of a registration.

What happens during the investigation process?

The LGA conducts a due diligence investigation on all new applicants as well as an annual update investigation on existing gaming service providers. The investigation will examine the honesty, integrity and financial history of the business entity and its principals. The investigation includes, but is not limited to, a credit history report, a criminal records check and a court registry search. The LGA has the authority to conduct any investigation it deems necessary to determine suitability.

Some investigations require travel by LGA investigators. The applicant must pay for any costs associated with required travel.

Is there a cost to get a licence?

Yes, gaming suppliers have an initial application fee and subsequent annual licence fees. They are also responsible for the costs associated to any investigation related to their licence.

We have shareholder changes. How do we report this?

You must notify the LGA’s Gaming Licence Department in writing of any changes to shareholders with 10% or more ownership of the licensed entity. New shareholders may be required to submit a personal disclosure.

We’ve had a change in executives. What do we do?

You must notify the LGA’s Gaming Licence Department in writing of any changes in executives.

How do we determine who our principals are?

The LGA considers principals to be all officers, directors, partners or shareholders who own 10% or more of the business entity, as well as executive employees and any individuals with the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of the entity.

What kinds of supplies do gaming suppliers offer?

Gaming suppliers offer products and equipment such as cards, chips, electronic gaming machines and security systems.

We want to sell product to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. What do we need to do?

An individual or business must be licensed as a gaming supplier before being able to sell product to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries cannot purchase any product that can affect the honesty and integrity of gaming from an unlicensed supplier.