These kinds of tournaments are complex. The Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament Terms and Conditions state specific requirements and details which you need to think about and plan for, including:
- What is the venue’s capacity?
- How many tables and chairs will we need?
Tables, equipment and human resources:
- Do the tables meet tournament requirements?
- How many chips will we need to accommodate the maximum number of players and how will we identify them?
- How many decks of cards do we need?
- How many dealers are needed to operate the tournament?
- What kind of training is required?
Gaming supplier or service provider:
- Do we require the expertise of a licensed supplier or service provider?
- What is the cost of hiring a licensed supplier or service provider?
- Should we use a supplier or service provider for the equipment, staff or both?
- Have we made sure our expenses do not exceed 15% of anticipated gross revenue?
- Do we plan to pay wages?
- Will there be costs for other promotions or door prizes?
- Will we pay rent for the venue?
- What kind of advertising/event promotion is required?
- What are the costs for professional services?
- What are the costs of gaming/equipment supplies
- How many prizes will be offered? What is the prize structure?
- Will we offer cash prizes, merchandise or both?
- If we are offering cash prizes, will they be set prizes or based on a percentage of entry fees?
- Will rebuy revenue (if applicable) to be part of the prize structure?
- Will merchandise prizes be purchased or donated?