What if I want to hold my event in a hotel? Do I still need a social occasion permit?

If you’re bringing liquor into a venue, you need a social occasion permit. If the venue is providing the liquor, your event will fall under the venue’s liquor licence and you will not require a social occasion permit. You should discuss liquor requirements with your venue before filling out a social occasion permit application.