I want to hold poker tournaments; do I need a licence?

In Manitoba, only eligible charitable and religious organizations can apply for a licence to conduct a Texas hold’em poker tournament. Licensed organizations can hire gaming service providers to help run a tournament, including providing equipment, dealers and assistance with event rules. Gaming service providers are not eligible to hold their own tournaments.