Can we get a raffle licence elsewhere?

Organizations based in a rural community wanting to operate a raffle may choose to visit their municipal office, town office, local government district office or band office. These offices are authorized to issue licences to organizations based within their municipality, where the total prize value does not exceed $3,000. Not all municipal offices issue licences. Check to see if this option is available for you. First Nations gaming commissions are also authorized to license charitable gaming events, including raffles, on reserve.

If you plan on using an electronic raffle system the LGA must approve the system and the supplier must be licensed by the LGA; municipalities and First Nations gaming commissions cannot approve electronic raffle systems. However, once your electronic raffle system is approved by the LGA you can apply to municipalities or First Nations gaming commissions for a charitable raffle licence.