Gaming Supplier Licence

The LGA licenses all gaming suppliers who do business in Manitoba. A gaming supplier is any person or business that makes, sells, advertises or distributes gaming supplies to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries, a gaming operator, a local gaming authority or an organization that holds a charitable gaming event licence.

New gaming suppliers must be licensed by the LGA before they can carry out business in Manitoba. The LGA conducts background investigations on all applicants as part of the licensing process. All gaming suppliers must comply with the terms and conditions of their licence.

Multi-jurisdictional personal history disclosure

Multi-jurisdictional personal history disclosure consent and authorization

Gaming supplier and gaming service provider personal disclosure  Note: This disclosure is not required from all applicants. Please contact us to determine if you must complete this form.

Gaming supplier and gaming service provider business disclosure

Gaming supplier terms and conditions


Please click below for answers to some common questions about gaming supplier licences. You can also email our Gaming Licence Department or contact us at 204-954-9400 or toll-free at 1-800-782-0363.

We want to sell product to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. What do we need to do?

An individual or business must be licensed as a gaming supplier before being able to sell product to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries cannot purchase any product that can affect the honesty and integrity of gaming from an unlicensed supplier.

What kinds of supplies do gaming suppliers offer?

Gaming suppliers offer products and equipment such as cards, chips, electronic gaming machines and security systems.

How do we determine who our principals are?

The LGA considers principals to be all officers, directors, partners or shareholders who own 10% or more of the business entity, as well as executive employees and any individuals with the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of the entity.

We’ve had a change in executives. What do we do?

You must notify the LGA’s Gaming Licence Department in writing of any changes in executives.

We have shareholder changes. How do we report this?

You must notify the LGA’s Gaming Licence Department in writing of any changes to shareholders with 10% or more ownership of the licensed entity. New shareholders may be required to submit a personal disclosure.

Is there a cost to get a licence?

Yes, gaming suppliers have an initial application fee and subsequent annual licence fees. They are also responsible for the costs associated to any investigation related to their licence.

What happens during the investigation process?

The LGA conducts a due diligence investigation on all new applicants as well as an annual update investigation on existing gaming service providers. The investigation will examine the honesty, integrity and financial history of the business entity and its principals. The investigation includes, but is not limited to, a credit history report, a criminal records check and a court registry search. The LGA has the authority to conduct any investigation it deems necessary to determine suitability.

Some investigations require travel by LGA investigators. The applicant must pay for any costs associated with required travel.

I already have a supplier registration from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission. Do I have to apply for this licence too?

You will be able to continue to do business as long as your registration is in good standing. Under The Liquor and Gaming Control Act, supplier registrations will now be called gaming supplier licences. This is a name change only. Your existing registration will be considered a gaming supplier licence and will remain in effect until its expiry date. When it comes time to renew your registration, the LGA will issue a gaming supplier licence in place of a registration.